Friday, December 14, 2012

Tragedy

I know a lot of people have been talking about this but I felt like writing down my thoughts on the horrible events that have happened in Connecticut and China.

I had so many thoughts running through my head, like "How sad" and "What kind of sick monster would do such things"... honestly I was heartbroken.

And then I started thinking about how scary this is... I am an Elementary Ed major and one day I will be working in an elementary school and I started thinking about how hard it would be to have that happen. Not because I'm scared for my own safety, but because I will be responsible for students just like those who were needlessly attacked today.

Then I got to thinking about how one day I will be a mother and how hard it would be to send your child off to school, just like every other day, and to never see them again....

I've been trying to think of something that we as a country needed to learn from these events... but all I can think is that this is tragic...

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment