Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Anne (with an 'e')

A few years ago I tried blogging and.... well it didn't last long. I think I only made it to two posts: one about me and one about Annie Fitt.

Annie Fitt and I have known each other for over seven years now. We had the exact same schedule in ninth grade along with an extra hour together for student council. With all that time spent together it was impossible not to become friends.
Annie and me at Orem Jr. a LONG time ago
After getting through junior high and high school together we became roommates for our freshman year at BYU.

In the past seven years there are very few people who have had such a large impact on me as Annie has. She has been there for me and stood by me, and she's really shown me, by example, how to be a true friend. Where I may be blunt, sarcastic, and sometimes abrasive, Annie is one of the kindest people I have ever met. She is charming and considerate and immediately wins the love of anyone who meets her. And like that isn't enough for one person, she is also crazy smart. She managed a 4.0 all through high school and is planning on going into the nursing program at BYU. Along with being so lovable and intelligent she also possesses a remarkable testimony of the Gospel, and I love to hear her bear it, as it never fails to strengthen my own.

Annie has been one of the most important people in my life for a long time now, and as we grow older and head in different directions I find that although we may spend less time together, the friendship we have continues to grow. 

So Annie, I just wanted to say thanks. Thanks for putting up with me and sticking up for me. Thanks for teaching me to be a better person through your example. Thanks for sitting and talking in my car for hours in the middle of the night. Thanks for playing tennis and singing "The Olive Tree" and taking my shoes when I die. Thanks for rapping at Wal-mart and for letting me help with all of those posters. Thanks for curling my hair for my birthday and for writing notes with me (even when it was sophomoric). Thanks for dealing with all of my teasing through the years and for never hating me for it. Thank you for loving me, even when I know I was difficult to love. Thank you for being my best friend. I love you lots, and although we may change, that never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment