Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Favorite Present

Today was my 19th birthday! And even though it was a long and somewhat tiring day I had a lot of fun.
I woke up early and went to class, had a job interview (which I think went really well), went to more class, went out with my mom and Rochelle, and then came home to a little party that my amazing friends in apartment 228 had planned for me. It was a really great day and I got a lot of fun stuff.....

... but my favorite gift was a phone call.
In the middle of my party I got a call from a number I didn't know and when I answered the lady on the other line said, "Hi! It's Sister Leavitt. I'm calling to wish you a Happy Birthday!" And because I don't actually know anyone named Sister Leavitt, I was a little curious as to why she would be calling me. Apparently she picked up on that because she proceeded to tell me that Elder Dowd was serving in her area and had asked her to call and tell me Happy Birthday for him. She told me that he was doing great work up there and that he kept everyone smiling and that he wanted to let me know that he loved me and was thinking of me on my special day. And even though I got a lot of love for my birthday, this phone call from an absolute stranger meant more to me today than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment